20070405

qing ming jie

Like my any other jogging trips, i'l have my mobile FM accompanied me thru the routine. Few days back, the djs were divulging the story behind 'Qing Ming Jie'.



So it goes like this...

In (i cant recall) dynasty, X was struggling a war with his enemies which finally ended after years. X returned to his hometown to realise tht his parents tombstone (plus other villages) were enveloped by wild grass and all. Failing to recognise his parents' tombstone, he trusted tht them in heaven, will lead him to the right one. Thus, he'd pieces of cloth thrown into the air when there was a gust of wind. True enough, it led him to the tombstone belonging to his parents & started clearing the area. Villages follow suit and soon, this evolved into a tradition of the chinese to tidy the area of kin's tombstone yearly during this date.



Every year without fail, all maternal kins (xcept a few) will gather at Bright Hill Temple. So way before today arrived, my mum had words tht we shld make ourselves free today.

Went there by my uncle's lorry under the scorching sun & proceeded with the usual routines. Juz tht this year, we explored the area further.

Until today, i din anything about my deceased grandfather, like how he passed away. Got to know from my sis tht it was due to cancer?



So anw, it's a torrid day to be out in the open. Moreover, fatigue struck for i'd barely 5hrs of slp and diarrohea conquered my immune system (even til now)!

Well, mentioning about my sleepless night, do u guys haf one of those nights where u simply cant fall aslp despite how lethargic u are, haunted by a weird feeling not allowing u to keep still in one position. I experienced tht last night! I wanted to drift to lalaland so much yet i juz had to fidget to get rid of the feeling. I gave up and got off d bed to watch ylbfb & extreme makeover.



TELL ME WHY AM I SO AWAKE NOW?

i planned to call it a day aft watching the 9pm drama but i reckon i'l toss & turn ard on my bed.



Weeee. What a rare long post. shall end it with a pic(:

i saw her on a variety show juz now. Her vocal is awesome, her singing is wonderful, her songs are great. No pretence, pure passion for singing.

Therefore, i like her:):)


No comments: